Thursday, March 26, 2009

March25

What a life! I hadn't realized before how much my wacky hours affect my health...but I am now finding out. I needed to stay up the last two nights to finish one of the on-line lessons I am putting together (neuroscience course) and it has shifted my entire habits. To do the audio portion, I need to wait until the building is very, very quiet (I can't afford a sound studio) so that means I don't start recording until 1 am....and I get to bed around 5 or 6 am...so I then sleep until 10 or 11 am. I just am not feeling all that well with this schedule..although it is the schedule I lived with for the last year. I guess I have been getting used to sleeping at 'normal' hours lately and getting more than 4 hours of sleep a night. I must say that at 4 am the urge to have a coffee is huge.

But I survived it. I still haven't had any coffee and I am still sticking to the 'food program'. But I feel bloated and out of synch. I guess all those studies are right about how sleep cycles have a large effect on our health.

This is a big week for me. Lots of public speaking opportunities. I realized this week how much I love public speaking but before I started the RESET program, my legs, knees, feet and back would ache so badly after an hour or so that I really stopped attending events. It wasn't until today that I just realized the pain from my arthritis seems to be very much reduced. I had learned to live with pain for so long that I hadn't realized when it had gone. I had been taking 2 extra strength ibuprofen every 4 hours just to be able to move around but except for the day of the major caffeine-withdrawl headache, I haven't taken any at all...but have been extra busy with speaking engagements all week.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment