Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19th

The end of a very long day and I am tired...but I am not exhausted. And for the first time in a very long time, I didn't have a nap tonight. Let me explain...I usually can only sleep for 4 hours during the night and get up about 7 am...and then end up exhausted by 5 pm and have a 1 hour nap and then stay up until about 3 am. But that seems to be shifting. I actually obtained 6 hours of sleep last night and didn't have a nap this evening (didn't really have time to). Day 5 of the RESET pragram is complete. Tomorrow I add in a low glycemic lunch. I walked a total of 3046 steps today (as measured on my pedometer).

I had my first real temptation today. I met Patty (one of my support persons) at Starbucks tonight before a meeting. Now, you need to understand...when I give talks to small groups, they usually give me a giftcard as a thankyou...and they know me well enough to always give me a giftcard from one of the coffee companies such as Starbucks, Second Cup or Tim Hortons...that is how much I hang around coffee shops. There are a few shops around town that know me and my order well enough to start preparing it before I even order...a venti mocha with skim milk, half the syrup and no whip cream...and of course at least one 'treat' (expresso brownie or oat/fudge bar at least).

So I am in Starbucks waiting for Patty and I know I have at least 1/2 hour to wait. This of course, is more than enough time to scarf down a treat or two and finish my coffee drink. Very, very tempting. I love the smell of Starbucks and the chatter of the people and the fact that I can sit for 1/2 hour and check my email, read a book or just people watch while I drink coffee and eat high calorie treats. BUT I didn't order my 'regular' drink. I had a grande earl grey tea...without any milk and of course without any sugar...and no treats! I did have a USANA nutreo energy bar with me just in case the temptation was too great...but I was fine! I wasn't hungry and I wasn't craving anything. I sipped my tea and waited...feeling very proud of myself.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment