Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 20th

Okay..it really is March 21st because it is 1:18 am where I live but it is the end of the day. I just got home from seeing a movie and I am actually tired. I am also proud of myself. Did I have popcorn at the movie? Definitely! But the medium bag of popcorn did not have any butter on it and I had a bottle of water with it. That may not sound like much to be proud of but compare that to what I usually eat at a movie; a large bag of popcorn with layered butter, a large diet coke and peanut M&M's. So good job Joan!!!!!

Also today...I discovered something funny about myself. It was one of those moments when you just have to take a step back and watch yourself. Today was the day I got to add in a low glycemic lunch and I had planned on having a great big salad and some fish. But I got absorbed in my work and didn't realize that I missed lunch time. So by 2 pm I was really hungry but found myself really frustrated and irritated with having to take time away from work to put the salad together and cook the fish. I just wanted to grab a USANA shake instead but I didn't want to ruin the plan. So I grumbled and complained to myself and finally got it put together...and then realized how totally bored I am with just sitting and eating. I realized that I am a 'grazer'. I like to eat bites of food in between working on the computer. It took me over half an hour to eat my salad and fish! This only seems obsurd when you realize I am a champion at eating very, very fast without a lot of bites. So even though I started out hungry, I ended up giving myself time between bites to check in and feel what was happening in my body. Wow! I am learning new things every day.

Oh..the totals for the 5 days of the RESET...13.2 pounds less and over 3,000 steps walked each day...and I am feeling better than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment