Monday, March 30, 2009

March 29th

I did it. I gave a keynote speech at a fundraiser for WOW...Wisdom of Women. I was so blown away by the support I had. Avishek was there to videotape the speech and take still photos (it was fun having him call me Dr J) and Patty was there to handle the USANA display table and cheer me on. It was incredible to share my journey with others. At moments in the speech, people would wipe a tear from their eye and at other moments they would laugh. I love interacting with the audience. The speech was titled, "from the streets to the podium" but I added in bits and pieces about the audience members and about the venue. The speech wasn't perfect, but it did touch people and inspire them.

I have got to find a way to do this more often!

1 comment:

  1. It was truly inspiring to hear you speak! You had me intrigued by your speech title and never expected this journey as you related to us. Thank you for opening our eyes and wish every success in achieving your further goals. I will keep in touch every step of the way because we are all of us in this journey together.
    Donna Braniff, Toastmaster ACS, CL

    ReplyDelete