Friday, April 3, 2009

April 3rd

Another day of freedom. Freedom from carb cravings! Freedom to chose! I had lunch with a friend from university and had to choose from a menu. I was hungry! It was rather interesting to chat with the waitress. I called her by name and connected with her...and then we discussed how the food is cooked and what substitutions I could make. I think I am forming an addiction to spinach! I am not trying to belittle the agony of addictions (I grew up in the environment and saw its devastating effects in my family) but I actually substituted spinach for lettuce in my salad...and topped it with seafood lightly cooked with water in the pan instead of oil. I did have some wonderful feta cheese sprinkled on top and a bit of avocado plus the usual cherry tomatoes, and other 'salad things'. I had a vinaigrette dressing on the side. It was really scrumptious! AND I got to visit with a friend...without the alcohol or wings!

I got to tell you, these USANA products I am on are rather amazing. I can now have a balanced breakfast without worrying about being hungry or tired by midmorning. And by noon, I am hungry but still in control. The supplements are incredible. So much energy!

The only thing I am a bit worried about is that two of my main supporters left today for 10 days...and I really wish I was going with them (a James Ray event that seems awesome)! I am just going to have to tough it out and hopefully hear from a few of you who are reading this blog. Yes, my main motivation is coming from within me...but a bit of external support and encouragement is always helpful! I really want to thank those who are leaving comments...it does help to know that someone is reading this!

I promised myself I would get to bed by midnight tonight and it is approaching quickly. I have a full day tomorrow with a huge meeting from 9 am until 5 pm...then church...then home to get more work done (but with time to take a stroll at sunset by the waterfront).

No comments:

Post a Comment